- Category: zidi
- Published on Monday, 25 August 2014 08:51
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 7285
Winners felicitated at the prestigious annual awards banquet held at Cape Town
CAPE TOWN, Africa – 19 August 2014 – Africa's top industry performers were acclaimed at Frost & Sullivan's influential Awards Banquet held in in Cape Town last week, 14 August 2014. Thriving in the current business environment indicates an approach that is visionary, incorporating innovation and game-changing strategies. Frost & Sullivan's best practice awards, based on a rigorous selection methodology, highlight the achievements of market-leading companies that deliver excellence and best practices in their respective industries.
Delivering the welcome speech and keynote address, Hendrik Malan, Operations Director, Frost & Sullivan, Africa, noted, "The Frost & Sullivan Best Practice Awards Programme acknowledges exceptional industry achievements. The selected awardees have demonstrated innovation, competitiveness and leadership in meeting the particular demands of doing business in Africa."
Twenty three awardees were drawn from diverse sectors including information and communication, chemicals and materials, energy, transportation, healthcare and finance. The ICT sector was strongly represented with Mi-Fone, T-Systems, ZTE, Intersec, Global Voice Group, Skyvision, Mahindra Comviva, Djibouti Data Center, EOH Cloud Services, Xlink, IBM, Health Window, and Orange, among the awardees.
Recipients were honoured for enabling technology, technology innovation, customer value enhancement, competitive strategy leadership, outstanding entrepreneurial spirit, and vertical market penetration, among other categories.
Following is a complete list of award recipients:
- DHL Express – 2013 Sub-Saharan African Transport and Logistics Market Penetration Leadership Award
- ZTE – 2013 African ICT Green Power Solution Technology Leadership Award
- Intersec – 2014 African Big Data Solutions Customer Value Leadership Award
- Global Voice Group – 2014 Sub-Saharan African Telecommunications Management and Supervision Technology Innovation Award
- Skyvision – 2014 African ICT in Oil and Gas Vertical Market Penetration Leadership Award
- Mahindra Comviva – 2014 African Digital Music Customer Value Leadership Award
- Standard Bank – 2014 South African Small and Medium Enterprises Support Customer Value Leadership Award
- Djibouti Data Center – 2014 East African Data Center Enabling Technology Leadership Award
- T-Systems – 2014 South African IT Services Industry Company of the Year Award
- Barloworld Logistics – 2014 Southern African Sustainable Logistics Technology Leadership Award
- EOH Cloud Services – 2013 South African Cloud Computing Customer Value Enhancement Award
- Elegant Line Chemicals – 2013 South African Commodity Chemicals Entrepreneurial Company of the Year Award
- Xlink – 2014 South African Machine-to-Machine in Retail and Finance Technology Leadership Award
- Mi-Fone – 2014 Sub-Saharan Africa Mobile Phone Entrepreneurial Company of the Year Award
- IBM – 2014 Sub-Saharan African Big Data Solutions Competitive Strategy Leadership Award
- Musoni – 2014 African Mobile Microfinance Technology Leadership Award
- PTiP – 2014 South African Solar Photovoltaic Technology Innovation Leadership Award
- Health Window – 2014 South African Medical Adherence Management Customer Service Leadership Award
- Rex Investment – 2014 Tanzanian Solar Power Generation Industry Customer Value Leadership
- MicroClinic Technologies – 2014 Kenyan Healthcare Information Technology Customer Value Leadership Award
- Orange – 2013 African Telecommunications Company of the Year Award
- Sasol – 2014 African Chemicals and Materials Visionary Innovation Award
- Samsung – 2014 Kenyan Mobile Phones Competitive Strategy Innovation and Leadership Award
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Corporate Communications – Africa
P: +27 21 680 3574
F: +27 21 680 3296